West Wind Dental’s Dr. Drew Hamilton spent a great week at the Kois Center in late September, learning about removable and fixed implant tooth replacement. This advanced training is his next step in his focus on implant dentistry.
Dr. Hamilton learned directly from Dr. John Kois during the five-day specialized training course. The course covered multiple topics relating to fixed and removable implants:
- How to integrate treatment planning criteria such as biomechanical considerations, number of remaining teeth, hard and soft tissue considerations and peri-implant esthetics to ensure success in managing implant tooth replacement
- How to improve communication in managing the treatment planning, placement and restoration of implants
- Techniques for impression making, capturing jaw relation records, establishing vertical dimension and positioning teeth for esthetic excellence
- Framework design for fixed and removable combination patients
- Evaluating and including treatment options, including implants, which serve to enhance success
- Simplified and accurate systems for the fabrication of removable restorations
A main emphasis of the training was to focus on what is critical for predictable success with implant patients.
This recent training was Dr. Hamilton’s sixth and seventh courses in the program, placing him in an elite group of implant dentists who have advanced to this level of training.
Implants are a passion for Dr. Hamilton—he is even pursuing mentorship status in the program. He has already signed up for the next course on Biomechanics.
We’re proud to have Dr. Hamilton’s expertise in serving patients with bad or missing teeth. If you know someone who is missing one or many teeth and might benefit from dental implants, Dr. Hamilton would be happy to help.