Our team has been working diligently to put new protocols in place, following guidance from the CDC, ADA and MDA, to keep our patients and team members safe and healthy during this transition.
What should you expect at your visit? Things will look a bit differently, however, you can still expect to receive excellent patient care!
West Wind Dental Covid-19 Protocols:
- Please reschedule your appointment if you or someone in your home has been sick in the past 14 days or you have been exposed to Covid-19 and are required to quarantine.
- Your appointment may take a bit longer than usual in order to accommodate our “new normal.”
- It is the current recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that all patients, visitors and staff wear masks while in a healthcare facility, regardless of vaccine status—this includes dental offices, so we would ask that you please wear a mask or face covering over your mouth and nose while in the office.
- When you arrive at the office, please come in and come to the front desk to check in. If there is someone ahead of you, please allow for space between you.
- Please notify us at check in of any changes to your insurance since your last visit so that we can ensure it is billed properly. If you are able to notify us of changes prior to the day of your appointment, it is helpful and appreciated.
- A team member will take your temperature and present you with a health screening prior to being escorted to an exam room. Depending on the type of appointment you are coming in for and how long it has been since your last visit, there may be additional paperwork to complete as well.
- You will continue to see members of our team wearing enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit (regardless of vaccine status) such as masks, gloves, caps, and sometimes gowns and face shields (depending on the procedure).
- Our new office is equipped with specialty equipment to help keep you and our team safe such as new external and internal Air Evacuation Equipment, UV lights and HEPA filtration systems in our HVAC units, antimicrobial coating on all door knobs/handles, to name a few.
We are all very excited to be back in the office so that we can take care of our wonderful patients!
If you should develop a dental emergency, please call or text our office. Please be patient with us as our call volumes have increased.
We look forward to seeing you!