Many people struggle to feel comfortable while undergoing complicated or even routine dental procedures. Fortunately, the West Wind Dental team is well trained to handle these situations. Our sedation services make visits more pleasant by reducing anxiety and improving pain control, especially when paired with our digital anesthetic techniques.
• Anxious or fearful patients
• Patients with special needs
• Patients having surgical procedures
• Patients with a severe gag reflex
• Patients that have difficulty getting numb
The medications we use are well-researched, simple to administer, and work quickly. They will provide relaxation, decrease anxiety, cause sleepiness, and are less expensive/invasive than general anesthesia. Moderate sedation is administered with oral or injectable medications that depress a patient’s level of consciousness. This form of sedation allows for a patient to still be able to respond purposefully to verbal stimulation. Moderate sedation is a form of sedation which can cause partial to profound amnesia of a dental appointment. This may be appealing to someone who is troubled by past uncomfortable experiences at the dentist.
• Oral sedation (tablets or liquid swallowed before an appointment)
• Nitrous oxide/oxygen via a nose mask or cannula
• Intravenous sedation (moderate depth) via medications given in a vein
• Combinations of the above
Monday: 7:00 am-4:50 pm, closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00 pm (door will be locked)
Tuesday: 7:00 am-2:00 pm
Wednesday: 7:00 am-4:50 pm, closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00 pm (door will be locked)
Thursday: 7:00 am-2:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am-noon